Saturday, June 21, 2014

3rd grade picnic

During Teacher Appreciation week at school, the different grade levels have their picnics (so each teacher can 'relax' during the lunch hour and beyond).  Every one except Kindergarten, who does theirs the last day of school to conveniently skip Principal awards happening on the last day.  Haha!

Anyway, here's some pics from Brooke's 3rd grade picnic...






After her picnic, a lot of parents took their kids home early for the day.  She ended up doing nothing for the rest of the afternoon.  However, I couldn't check her out.  I was subbing!  (I only visited her picnic while my class was at lunch too)  So, I invited her to come to my class and read to my kids.  She looked so grown up.  :(






Also, I subbed often on Teacher Appreciation week (did I even mention that I have been substitute teaching a lot this year?  for some extra cash?).  Anyway, I just knew there is no way teachers would want to be absent that week - the week they get goodies, and lunch prepared every day...but a few did and I was there!  The coolest thing was in one of my classes one day one of the kids actually brought ME a treat.  And said it was for me.  At first I told him, 'oh ok...I'll leave it to make sure Mrs. T__ gets it.'  and he said, "No!  This is for YOU!"  Awwww!  So sweet.  :)  (and the "Gracias" is bc I was in dual language class :) )



No comments: