Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ice water

There was one particular day where I had a pretty stressful day.  First off...on my way to work, something random fell from the sky?  I dunno.  But driving along, I heard a loud BANG!  (like, gunshot loud) on my roof.  I didn't know WHAT it was, my best guess was a dead bird just landed on the car or something.  So, I start to open the inside of the sunroof panel, got it a tiny bit open (like 1/4 inch) before noticing the glass on top was shattered in a million pieces.  So I closed it really quick and pulled over.  Looked on top and this is what I found.



Yea.  I have no idea.  To this day.  No rock or bird or anything visible was there.  Strangest thing.  And quite scary too!  I couldn't drive it far or fast because it was about to fall apart more, plus it was raining (and the car was exposed).  So I drove it to the dealership (slowly) and they repaired it for me (for a cost, of course).  Luckily it helps to know people, bc at the same time I found out that Brad had just bumped our insurance coverage down to liability only.  UGH!  And the people at the dealership gave me a pretty good deal..and a loaner car.

So its all done and fixed now and back to normal.  That next day, I had to go back in to work and take care of all the babies I had rolled over from the day before when my 'emergency' happened.  So, I had like 15 babies in one day.  Yikes.  Then I ended the day getting blindsided by the director of the HIPA department at the hospital questioning our practices, etc... (long story).  Bottom line.  I came home with a serious headache (stress I'm sure).  So, I went to take a nice hot bath and asked Brooke if she would bring me some ice water please.  She came back with this....



Haha!  Guess I should've clarified.  Poor thing.  She was trying.  In her mind, she remembered getting to take an ice cube bath before (after a hot day for fun) and thought that's what I wanted.  :P


No comments: