Sunday, March 2, 2014

My horrible, rotten, no good, very bad day...

Day started out normal.  It was actually my moms birthday.  But the girls had school, so I got them ready, headed out the door and headed out of the driveway.  We literally got a block away off of our street when I hear a loud WHAM!  I instantly slow down not knowing what just happened.  Because of our last incident with my sunroof smashing spontaneously, I first check the sunroof.  No..  it was fine. Then from the backside, I hear a shy quiet, scared little Brooke..."Um, Mommmmy?......."  I look back and saw this...




This was the window next to the seat she was in.  She happened to be riding in the very back - the third row - and this is the window next to her.  Shattered.  With a hole in the middle.  I instantly pull over.  My brain processes.  The mowers.  There were guys out mowing right on the corner of the street I pulled out on.  They must have hit a rock just rock and it flew through my window just as a drove by.  As I sat there just a block away, we could hear the cracking of the glass.  I got Brooke out of that seat first...told her to be careful coming to the front.  And first called Brad.  I was scared to drive the car.  If it was shattering as we sat there...surely if I drove and hit the tiniest of bumps it would cave in.  I was sooooo upset.  This was my brand new car, only a few months old!  Just then the mowers drove by leaving.  No sign on their truck nothing.  Crap.  Hindsight I should've gone back and told them.  But I was panicked and not sure to move my car. 

So, I was first concerned to getting the girls to school on time.  Brad came where I was, I took his truck and took the girls to school in that.  He told me...be sure not to speed cuz I haven't gotten my truck registered yet.  I got the girls in.  Brenna couldn't get buckled all the way cuz of the stupid carseat in his truck, so I told her its ok, we're not going far (I never do that).  Driving the road just a little ways away from where Brad was waiting with my car....I meet dead on a motorcycle cop.  I wasn't speeding, not even close... but he looks straight at the dash, points, and pulls me over.  Crap!  

Brooke starts screaming at Brenna - buckle! buckle!  you have to get buckled!  Brenna's screaming and crying, I can't!  I can't!  I tell them both to shut up, it doesn't matter.  By the time the cop gets to my door, I'm crying.  He asks me if everything's ok.  I tell him, no.  It's not.  I know why you're pulling me over - the stupid registration is out.  But I never drive this truck.  I'm only driving it to get my kids to school on time b/c my husband had to sit with my brand new car pulled over on the side of the road b/c some mower guys just shot a rock through the window where my daughter was sitting.  

Needless to say, after I unloaded...he only gave me a verbal warning.  I know he felt sorry for me.  And I was now ticked at Brad for not getting his stupid registration done...trying to gain one more month out of it.  Ugh.  

Anyway, so I get them to school, Brad drives my car home carefully.  He tapes the window up to hopefully keep it from caving.  

Meanwhile, we are trying to figure out the name of the mowing company that was there.  It was an empty building - so we call the leasing agent.  We try to call our insurance - they weren't open yet.  Just then the guy that was delivering us firewood shows up and we start talking, I tell him what happened.  He happened to know the mowing company that was out there.  Ahhh!  Godsend for sure. So we call them - The Green Team - they were extremely apologetic, helpful, and totally took care of everything.  They have insurance policy just for this kind of thing, got all my info, made the appointment for my car to get fixed that same day and everything.  Awesome job Green Team.  By that evening my window had been replaced and Brad had gotten his truck registered.  ;)


No comments: