Thursday, June 7, 2012

MOM!!! I'm BORED!

Yea.  I expect we'll hear a lot of that this summer.  Luckily, Brooke's teacher sent a folder home with lots of fun summer 'work' to do to keep her mind going.  But there's still those moments.  You know, those moments that they are done with that.  Sitting around the house.  NOTHING to do...  you know.

So I had seen several of my friends create a variation of this "Bored Bucket".  I decided it was a great idea and made up my own and catered it to our needs and wants and abilities.

Here's the Bored Bucket Rules...




Basically the gist is, it can only be done if parents are willing and able to help supervise and PARTICIPATE in activity.  It could be that you have to get up and go somewhere!  So parents need to be ready to go.

You can't draw a stick, say it doesn't sound good and put it back to draw another.  Some things aren't necessarily "fun" things - just things to do that we will try to make fun! :)

Everyone takes turns drawing.

Take pictures.

And everyone must participate.  Parents too.  :)

Here's our bucket I made up -



And a few of the dozens of sticks to draw from:






There's actually 113, as of now.  If I think of something, I add to it.  I also compiled a master list with some instructions for babysitters, in case I'm not around and supplies are needed or they're not exactly sure what the stick is getting at.  So, you look at the stick - say you draw #42 and it says to do whatever.  You can go to the computer, pull up the master list and get instructions for #42.



I took pics of each for anyone wanting to create their own and use some of our ideas!













Brad and the girls did the first bored bucket item on Memorial Day when I had to work.  Here's some pics (I also like another friends ideas to collect pics of all the events over the summer to put in a memory book of 'what we did over the summer'...fun...no?  :)





Lucky for them, with all the construction still going on, we had plenty of rocks to choose from in our driveway.  Ha!






















No comments: