Thursday, June 21, 2012

End of Swim Lessons

So the girls ended their swim lesson session this past week as I mentioned earlier.  Wanted to share some fun video...b/c I am oh-so-proud of BOTH of them!

This one, since it was the last day, which is always deemed as "fun day"...here they were playing a race sort of game.  What I don't get is...Brooke absolutely does not want to do swim team b/c she doesn't want to compete.  However, in a scenario as such below, she loves the thrill of the 'race' and loves beating all the boys, etc.   On this particular time, she is in the middle, the boy at the top was playing the shark, when he says its lunchtime they are all supposed to race to the wall in hopes he doesn't catch them. You'll see, she was first.


 



And you'll see in these next ones...she started out behind everyone as the shark of the game and was actually the first one back to the wall.  She's fast!













How I keep knowing that this kid is good. I mean, really good at swimming? At every swim lesson, someone comments on her natural abilities...her natural stroke...how awesome a swimmer she is, how she needs to be on swim team,...something of that nature. In this next video, you'll see her come off the side, swim like a pro to the edge. While she was swimming, guy in the water asks her instructor (by the ladder) "How old is that kid?! She's only in Level 3?!" She then pops up, her teacher replies, "I don't know....Hey Brooke, how old are you?" Brooke replies, "7", he answers to the other teacher, "she's 7" and I cut the video off. What followed after (not shown) was the other teacher saying "holy cow! She's only SEVEN? She swims much better than that!" and her teacher replies, "Yea. I know!"



 


And her very next turn down the slide, the commentary went as follows...teacher by the slide (not Brooke's) as she's swimming by.."Now those right there! THose are the kids you keep!" (they had been joking around about how they were the best teachers and their kids turn out to be super awesome swimmers, etc...so he was saying, 'yea those right there..those are the kids you keep). Then follows with, "She's amazing! Just amazing!"


 


And next we have Brenna. Here she is diving for rings and doing her 'dolphin swim' to the side afterwards. She coined that term. :)


 



And after she went down the slide, swimming completely ON HER OWN! to the next instructor and then to the ladder. Go Brenna!


 

Anyway, so that's it for now.  I was wavering about whether or not to do another session. But the girls absolutely LOVE it.  They beg to go.  And now that Brenna has taken off on her own, I know with just a little more help, she'd be a pro too.  So.  We are taking off the next session as we have two full weeks of Vacation Bible School, but I went ahead and registered them for the session after.  Brenna will move up to Level 1 (gasp!).  I know.  I asked her teachers to be sure, but they assured me she "needs to move up" and is "totally ready for Level 1".  When I registered her, though, I noticed the only other kids in her class so far for the next time are 2 seven year olds and one eight year old.  Eek!  Oh well.  She'll feel big.  (and I'm pretty sure we'll have a friend in that class, who's 5 so hopefully it'll even out before it starts ;)

And Brooke is registered for Level 4.  Dumb question.  But I did ask her teacher to make sure he'd move her up.  Of course.  So, while she may not NEED swim lessons anymore.  Its all building and teaching her new things (and she needs some help diving honestly)...plus, she absolutely LOVES going.  So.  More to come later in the summer I'm sure!  :)

No comments: