Friday, June 20, 2014

This year's garden...

This year we had a longer than usual winter.  Or maybe I should say we had several hard freezes that happened later in the year than we're used to.  So it delayed us putting in the garden.

I've been taking pictures to document along the way.  We first pulled all the weeds and junk.  Then Brad went and got a fresh load of compost/dirt to start us off good.




We planted and the plants GREW!  Holy toledo did they grow.  We didn't even plant *that much* this year, but it has turned from a  tiny garden to a JUNGLE!  Serious.  Its beyond what we can manage.  I credit it to the dirt Brad got b/c we did things just as we've done them in the past yet this year was crazy insane.


The beginning stages...


Picture from to around the "L" and around to the right, we planted onions, potatoes, strawberries.  Then peppers (jalapeños and bell peppers) and tomatoes.  In the top section, we planted lettuce and mint.  Then on the right side of the "L" is broccoli, cantaloupe and watermelon.








And a few short weeks later...






And even a few short weeks later....






And as of now...  


















And trust me, I'm not proud.  It is crazy insane everywhere.  I can't even get in there well to harvest.  Not to mention my OCD - I don't like it looking like a mess.  I much prefer nice and neat rows.  But, man.... that dirt.  And the amount of rain we've had this spring!  Crazytown.

No comments: