Thursday, February 28, 2013

Student of the Month - WOW!!!

As a surprise to us (and to Brooke!), she was awarded BISD Student of the Month for February!  That's pretty cool, right?  I know!  The principal called me the afternoon before and told me so I could be there for the morning announcements where she would get her award.  All the way leading up to it, though, she had no clue and was surprised.  Started to figure it out when she saw the big sign off to the side...  but still a surprise!

In the comments, it was said she was a leader in her class, an avid reader, and the teacher's go-to girl.  Proud mommy here!!!

Here's some pics from the award day...

Getting her award (her and one other boy)








Brooke with Mrs Happ (best. principal. ever.)





Putting the sign in our front yard!


And actually...she wouldn't let us put it up for days..kept taking it down, she gets so embarrassed about these kinda things.  But finally, I put my foot down.  You got this award, I'm proud of you for it, and gosh darnit - the sign is going in our yard.  So its most definitely there today for all the world to see.  :)



PS - When my dad found out about her award, he sent her a little prize in the mail.  THey are pens!  Baseball bat kinda pens.  (Ahem!  Sorry...  "SOFTBALL" bats...haha!)



No comments: