Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mornings with Brenna


I've started really getting sentimental about this kid!  Kindergarten next year people!  Kindergarten!  My baby won't be home with me anymore...  sniff sniff!



This picture was taken before school in the car with my phone.  I started really appreciating this time with her...  The time after we take Brooke to school (7:50am) but before she has to be at school (8:30).  Its never quite enough time to do anything or to go home and leave again.  So we end up just driving over to her school and hanging out in the parking lot together.  I now love this time with her.  This 25 min of uninterrupted time...just me and Brenna.  This was also the time over the holidays that she nearly strangled herself in Brad's car.  Probably haven't mentioned it here.  But while he was on vacation, he took her to school so I could go in to work.  Long story short, she had her head out the window talking to another little girl who was in her car.  Unbeknownst to Brad, she leaned on the window control and rolled up the window (on her neck/head!!!) while she was leaning out.  He realized quick enough to save her (obviously) but she quite literally strangled herself, cutting off oxygen for what seemed like an eternity to him (and her).  He said it was quite scary, he can't get the image out of his brain of what she looked like with the frozen look in her eyes, no air, the life going out of her (it apparently really was that close).  She was left choking, coughing up stuff, and with quite a red mark across her neck.  But is A-Ok now, of course.  *shudder*  Still.  2 months later.  Still makes me shudder.  And I wasn't even there!

Anyway...  I digress, but just wanted to tell that little story.  Even in a parked car, scary things can happen in a second!  But anyway...  like I said, I really appreciate the time I have with her in the mornings.  Next year it will be gone!  They grow up so fast....

No comments: