Friday, January 4, 2013

Girls day out

During school, it seems that Brooke and I never have time just to ourselves.  Brenna and I get some...maybe after I pick her up from school for the little time before we get Brooke or what not.  But Brooke and I are never just Brooke and I.  It's always the whole family or Brenna is with us.  So, with the extra time we've had....and with Brad being off, on the couple of days I had off of work in there,  we took a couple of little outings...just me and Brooke!


One day, we left early in the morning and went to the outlet malls and went shopping.  It was coooold. (at an outdoor mall)  But we had fun!  She enjoyed herself.  We got fun snacks and lunch and just had fun with each other.





On the way home, she got to call her long lost BFF (that moved away) to wish her a happy birthday.  They chatted it up for a while while we drove.  Afterwards, she conked out on the drive home.  :)



Another day, we just toodled around town.  First we went and got manicures and pedicures (courtesy of Sammy - thanks Sammy!).  Always nice to be pampered...




Then we went and had lunch together, (only at McD's...but complete with hot chocolate, as it was BOGO free!...so a nice treat there too).

Next we went to U Paint It.  Not knowing, but it was half off day, so we got to paint for half the price.  In all my years with kids now, would you believe this is MY first trip there?!  I know.  But I loved it.  We will definitely go back.  You pick an item to paint, paint it, then they fire it and you come back and pick it up when it's done...a few days later.  We had fun doing this together as well.







At one point, while she was waiting for part of hers to dry....she started to paint on her tile that they give you to use as a palette.  Just for fun, something to do..



Can you tell she's been reading Harry Potter much?  LOL


I painted something for her to have and she painted something for Daddy to have.  She told me not to let Daddy see the picture yet till we have the finished product...so Daddy, if you are reading...no peaking!







Afterwards, we went right next door to the cupcake store and got cupcakes, one for each family member and took it home to have later.  We came home and she spent the rest of the night drooling over the American Girl catalog (why?  Oh, why?!)




Anyway, it was a fun day!  Both times we got out and away by ourselves Brooke has expressed how much fun she has with just me and her.  I so hope we can find some time to do things like this before Summer!

No comments: