Friday, July 6, 2012

Will it ever END?!?!

The road construction, that is.  Since December 29, folks.  That's when it started.  We are now into July.  Sigh.  We've been living on a dirt road since December.  My car is actually a new permanent color of tan I think from the desert conditions we live in.  Ha!  And then they tell me last week that not only is your road now sort of blocked off, its now officially going to be COMPLETELY blocked off from all access (you can't even squeeze by!) for at least 2 weeks while they pave it.  Now, granted, this sounds a little like the end is on the horizon....but......ugh.  We now have to park and walk to our house from a street over.  Ugh.  2 weeks, huh?  I'm betting longer.



And doncha think they are a little late on this notice?  Haha!

Also, the other pain....they have been starting the work much earlier and earlier each morning.  Last week, it was 6:15am.  Not that I care too much...except it consists of concrete banging, 4-5 huge bulldozers moving around, etc..  Ugh.  This was the girls at 6:30 in the morning, watching from the window.  Oh.  On the ONE day I had off work and we COULD have slept in a little 'late' (late for us, meaning 8am).  Ugh.


Trying to be patient, trying to be patient, trying to be patient...  I know it will be great when its done, I know it will be great when its done....  (my mantra since December)


We then had to jump up on this particular day, and get dressed, leave the house, etc... (by 7am) before they REALLY started b/c we would've been trapped at our house all day (all week?) once they started.  I couldn't even just move my car and go back in (out of the garage) b/c the streets were totally blocked.  I would've had to move it over 2-3 blocks away.  So, lemonade out of lemons right?  I swung by and got some donuts, went to the park (when its not 100 degrees out at 8am) and had a donut picnic and let the girls play for a while...








They were wearing their swimsuits and coverups b/c we had a swim party afterwards for a friend.









No comments: