Friday, December 28, 2007

20 Weeks - Halfway there!

Profile view...


View of face...

Definite girl 'parts' (3 lines)...
We just got back from my latest doctor's appt. 20 wks! That means I'm half-way there! It still seems so far away, but knowing I'm at the half-way point makes it seem closer. ;)

Anyway, baby girl is doing good. Yes, I said girl. For sure. She was able to see the parts and confirm the baby is definitely all girl. :) No name yet though. We have looked through 2 or 3 baby name books, checked websites and nothing (starting with a 'B' anyway) is just that appealing to us). So please feel free to post a comment suggesting your favorite 'B' names. I hope I get some good suggestions from ya'll and can't wait to hear what you would name our baby! :)



She is measuring right on schedule and weighs around 11 oz right now. (still so tiny!) The technician double-checked and at 20 wks Brooke weighed 13 oz. Of course, she came two weeks early and my philosophy is that my due date was off. So my guess is this baby and her are about the same so far!

The cyst wasn't noticeable so much anymore. The baby is definitely overshadowing the cyst now so that's good news. All the other parts and organs seem ok and look fine. 4 chambers to the heart, all other organs, and pieces. Everything looks A-ok. I also got my result for the Down's Syndrome testing and everything was normal.

Brooke and Daddy were there for this ultrasound as well and now that she's starting to look more like a baby...I think Brooke enjoys watching it on the 'TV'.

As for me, I've been feeling much better now mostly. The heartburn is killing me, but my OB ok'd me taking Zantac. Also, my tailbone has really been hurting. At first I thought it was a fluke and not related, but I asked the OB today and she said it's def a pregnancy symptom. One that I just never had with Brooke I guess. Anyway, loads of fun. Really, the fun part is the fact that I am feeling definite movements now. It's getting more regular now so it's nice to actually feel the little one inside. I can't wait till the baby is kicking enough to where people (namely Daddy and Brooke) can feel it from the outside.

Here's what Babycenter says about the 20wk mark:

How your baby's growing:Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, we use measurements taken from the top of the baby's head to her bottom — known as the "crown to rump" measurement. After that, we use measurements from head to toe. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against her torso during the first half of pregnancy and are very hard to measure.)A greasy white substance called vernix caseosa coats her entire body to protect her skin during its long submersion in amniotic fluid. (This slick coating also eases the journey down the birth canal.)Your baby is swallowing more, which is good practice for her digestive system. She's also producing meconium, a black, sticky substance that's the result of cell loss, digestive secretion, and swallowed amniotic fluid. This meconium will accumulate in her bowels, and you'll see it in her first messy diaper (although a few babies pass it in utero or during delivery).

My belly is ever-expanding and I will try to take and add a picture later. Ironically enough, since the beginning of this pregnancy, I have only gained a pound and a half. Doesn't feel/look like it though....


Just for comparison, the bottom pic is a picture of me when I was pregnant with Brooke at 19 wks.



2 comments:

The Hills said...

Yay!!

Hmmm.....B girl names....Bethany? Brenda? Becky?

Josie said...

So glad everything went well. Congratulations again!!